The City Manager is appointed by the City Council to oversee the delivery of public services and serve as the Chief Administrative Officer of the City.
The office of the City Manager provides direction and leadership for the effective operations of municipal services for the City of Cibolo as directed by the Mayor and City Council. Some of the primary duties of the City Manager include:
- Direct and supervise the administration of all departments
- Ensure all state laws and City ordinances are effectively enforced
- Prepare and recommend to the City Council the annual budget and capital program
- Administer the budget as adopted by the City Council
- Advise the City Council of the financial conditions and future needs of the City and make recommendations concerning the affairs of the City.
After a long interview process with many qualified candidates, Cibolo City Council selected Wayne Reed as the new City Manager for Cibolo.
Wayne Reed has more than 25 years of local government experience in both Colorado and Texas. Prior to arriving in Cibolo, Jul. 12, 2021, Reed worked in Georgetown. Reed led development-related departments, including planning, public works, systems engineering, permitting and inspections, as well as human resources and community services. Reed was instrumental in leading the City’s administration of special-purpose districts, like Municipal Utility Districts (MUDs) and Public Improvement Districts (PIDs), to facilitate responsible growth management.
A graduate of Texas A&M University with a master’s degree in urban planning and a bachelor’s degree in environmental design, Reed also served as a sergeant with the U.S. Army Reserve. Reed is a certified planning professional and a member of the International City/County Management Association, American Public Works Association, American Institute of Certified Planners, and the American Planning Association.