Planning & Zoning
The Cibolo Planning Department’s Mission is to maintain the Spirit of Historic Cibolo, while guiding smart growth and development and providing amenities and enhancing the quality of life in Cibolo.
- Comprehensive Planning - The newly adopted 2016 Master Plan (PDF) is the policy document that guides the growth and change for all future physical development of the city and defines the Vision for the City of Cibolo.
- Comprehensive Master Plan Amendments:
- Ordinance 1274 - amendment to Chapter 8 implementation matrix;
- Long Range Planning - Cibolo is committed to addressing long-term planning issues, such as the Future Land Use Map and Future Thoroughfare Plan (PDF) and our Capital Improvement Plan (CIP).
*** KEY TOPICS ***
- 2019 Legislative Update to development codes
- June 11, 2019 City Council Meeting Presentation Item 10B
- Due to the 2019 legislative update and per UDC Sections 2.4(D), 20.3.3(1)(l) and 20.3.5(1)(j), all platting will follow the City of Cibolo Platting Guide.
- Applicant is encourage to seek a pre-development meeting during the early design stages of a project prior to official submittal.
- 2018 Unified Development Code (PDF) Ordinance 1233 (PDF) UDC Update FAQs (PDF)
City of Cibolo Public Notices
- - - Conditional Use Permit Applications - - -
The City of Cibolo Planning and Zoning Commission and City Council will hold public hearings on Wednesday, September 09, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. and on Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 6:30 p.m., respectively, each to be conducted at Cibolo City Hall, 200 South Main, Cibolo, Texas, to hear public testimony concerning a request to allow a Conditional Use Permit for approximately 10 acres of property located at 220 FM 78 (Builders First Source), to allow R/V Sales.
- - - Comprehensive Sign Program - - -
The City of Cibolo Planning and Zoning Commission will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, September 09, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. to be conducted at Cibolo City Hall, 200 South Main, Cibolo, Texas, to hear public testimony concerning a Comprehensive Sign Program submitted by Makos on the Creek (Cibolo West Unit 2 – Lot 1). The Sign Program will request off-site signage to be generally located one hundred (100’) feet in the Union Pacific ROW parallel to FM 78, across from the Buffalo Place/FM78 intersection.