Planning & Zoning
The Cibolo Planning Department’s Mission is to maintain the Spirit of Historic Cibolo, while guiding smart growth and development and providing amenities and enhancing the quality of life in Cibolo.
- Comprehensive Planning - The newly adopted 2016 Master Plan (PDF) is the policy document that guides the growth and change for all future physical development of the city and defines the Vision for the City of Cibolo.
- Comprehensive Master Plan Amendments:
- Ordinance 1274 - amendment to Chapter 8 implementation matrix;
- Long Range Planning - Cibolo is committed to addressing long-term planning issues, such as the Future Land Use Map and Future Thoroughfare Plan (PDF) and our Capital Improvement Plan (CIP).
City of Cibolo Public Notices
- - - Variance/Rezoning Application(s) - - -
The City of Cibolo Planning and Zoning Commission and City Council will hold public hearings on Wednesday, June 8, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. and on Tuesday, June 14, 2022, at 6:30 p.m., respectively, each to be conducted at Cibolo City Hall, 200 South Main St., Cibolo, Texas. The purpose of both meetings is to hear public testimony regarding the rezoning of approximately 3.4 (Lot 2 & Lot 3) acres located northwest and northeast of the intersection of W Borgfeld Road and Somerset Ave currently zoned Multi-Family Residential (MF1) to Retail / Office (C3).
The City of Cibolo Planning and Zoning Commission and City Council will hold public hearings on Wednesday, June 8, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. and Tuesday, June 28, 2022, at 6:30 p.m., respectively, each to be conducted at Cibolo City Hall, 200 South Main St., Cibolo, Texas. The purpose of the meetings is to hear public testimony regarding a variance request to the Sign Ordinance #1188 On-Premises Signs (Single Nonresidential Building) to increase the height and total square footage of the proposed monument signage and to have the monument sign placed in an easement, located at the southeast corner of FM 1103 and FM 78, Cibolo, Texas.