Planning & Zoning
The Cibolo Planning Department’s Mission is to maintain the Spirit of Historic Cibolo, while guiding smart growth and development and providing amenities and enhancing the quality of life in Cibolo.
- Comprehensive Planning - The newly adopted 2016 Master Plan (PDF) is the policy document that guides the growth and change for all future physical development of the city and defines the Vision for the City of Cibolo.
- Comprehensive Master Plan Amendments:
- Ordinance 1274 - amendment to Chapter 8 implementation matrix;
- Long Range Planning - Cibolo is committed to addressing long-term planning issues, such as the Future Land Use Map and Future Thoroughfare Plan (PDF) and our Capital Improvement Plan (CIP).
City of Cibolo Public Notices
- - - Variance/Rezoning Application(s) - - -
The City of Cibolo Planning and Zoning Commission and City Council will hold public hearings on Wednesday, January 12, 2022 at 6:30 p.m. and on Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 6:30 p.m., respectively, each to be conducted at Cibolo City Hall, 200 South Main, Cibolo, Texas. The purpose of both meetings is to hear public testimony regarding the amendment of Ordinance 1107 to allow a Major Utility Facility use within 5.5 acres of Neighborhood Commercial (C-1) property located within the Nortex Planned Unit Development (PUD).
The City of Cibolo Board of Adjustment will hold a public hearing on Thursday, January 27, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. at Cibolo City Hall, 200 South Main, Cibolo, Texas. The purpose of the meeting is to hear public testimony regarding a variance request to increase the allowable maximum impervious coverage within the High-Density Single-Family (SF-6) District, per Ordinance 1048, from 50% to 65% for certain real property located at 608 Saddle Cove.
The City of Cibolo Planning and Zoning Commission and City Council will hold public hearings on Wednesday, February 9, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. and on Tuesday, February 22, 2022, at 6:30 p.m., respectively, each to be conducted at Cibolo City Hall, 200 South Main St., Cibolo, Texas. The purpose of both meetings is to hear public testimony regarding a proposal to amend the City’s City of Cibolo Unified Development Code, Article 13 (entitled “Use Tables”) Section 13.3 (entitled “Industrial Uses”) is hereby amended by adding C-S: “C=Conditional Use Permit and S=Supplemental Standards Article 6 that follows:
A. Convenience Storage.
Storage services primarily for personal effects and household goods within enclosed storage areas having individual access, but excluding use as workshops, hobby shops, manufacturing, or commercial activity. Typical uses include mini warehousing. Refer to Article 6 Section 6.3 for additional requirements regulating this use