Parks & Recreation Department
Because Cibolofest and other events had to be cancelled, we have been dreaming of ways to support our citizens and businesses. On May 22nd, the City of Cibolo will host its first ever Cibolo Market Days on Main Street! We will close Main Street from Pfeil to Loop 539 (see attached map). A dining tent will be set up, benches set out, and we will provide spaces for at least 50 vendors, including crafts and food trucks. Here is the information you’ll need to know to rent a space:
- Our first two events will be May 22nd and June 26th. These are our experimental dates so please allow for flexibility in our learning curve. If successful, we will plan to hold Cibolo Downtown Market Days on the 4th Saturday of every month thereafter.
- Space rental will be $40 for your tent site (no larger than 10’X10’) without electricity. Limited sites with electricity will be $45. Each site will be assigned and you will be provided a map with your location.
- The market will be open 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Vendors can begin setting up at 7:30 and will be expected to stay for the duration.
Filling out an Application:
- Why must you fill out an application before paying? We want to ensure two things:
- No inappropriate items will be sold
- Vendor product protection (not too many similar products being offered)
- Applications will be available beginning April 15th and spaces can be requested for both dates.
This is an exciting new opportunity for both our citizens and businesses!!! If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com or call (210) 619-0063.
The City of Cibolo Parks and Recreation Division maintains approximately 85 acres of park land. The four major parks in the city are Niemietz, Al Rich, Schlather and Veterans’ Memorial.
These parks include a variety of amenities such as:
- Barbeque grills
- Basketball courts
- Picnic tables
- Playscape equipment
- And other sports fields (baseball, soccer and football)
Veterans Memorial Brick Program
You may purchase an engraved brick and have it installed at Veterans Memorial Park near the flagpole. The bricks are $25 each. Up to 3 lines, and 18 spaces per line. If you have any questions, please call the City Secretary at 210-566-6111.
Lawn Care 101
This class is for residents to learn from our city’s own agronomist the best practices for lawn care. You’ll learn about: Cultural practices (proper mowing height and frequency, aeration, irrigation and topdressing). Proper fertilizer and chemical applications.
You can also bring all questions you have, and they will be answered. If you have pictures, please bring them with you!
- Location: Cibolo Fire Station #2, 3864 Cibolo Valley Drive, Cibolo, TX
- Date & Time: February 6, 2019 - from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
* Registration for Lawn Care 101 closed as of 01/22/2019 *